Friday, October 12, 2007

OH HOW I LOVE THE FALL!!! I went ornamental gourd shopping yesterday. Ya know those little miniature pumpkin looking things and all of their variations?? So cute! And at 4/$1 they make my cheap heart sing!

I love going to the pumpkin patch and picking out WAY too many pumpkins.

I love carving pumpkins - yep I STILL buy the set with the little saws and scoop and picture guides - and ALWAYS choose the hardest picture to carve. Every year I remember anew how gross the inside of a pumpkin smells and get orange sticky stuff ALL over my kitchen. I bitch at myself for not choosing an easier pattern to carve because I always take an hour longer than whoever I'm with, but at the end do a happy dance cuz it looks cool and I know I've got ALL the skillz. ;)

I love that C. is willing to carve pumpkins with me.

I love that my Mom still carves pumpkins too :) and know that she's the one I've learned that it's ok to be a kid and carve pumpkins no matter HOW old you are. Did I mention that Halloween is our favorite holiday? #1 !

I love to drive around and see the trees after they've changed colors and I love the look of a big ole tree with only a few leaves left but the ground beneath blanketed in color.

I enjoy going to haunted house attractions WAY more than I should, and my Mom and Dad are my FAVORITE people to go with. My mom cuz she screams and runs away like a little girl and my Dad because he doesn't flinch even ONCE and usually just walks through all casual and chuckles to himself (freak.) This year will be C's first year going to a haunted house and I am SUPER geeked.

I love Cider and the fact that the weather isn't (supposed) to be 90 degrees anymore!

3 comments:

~ellen~ said...

Oh, I so want to see pics of your pumpkins! When are you going to carve them? Do you have a working digital camera yet?

I love jack-o-lanterns, but I rarely make them myself. :)

D-HOR said...

I DO have a digi!! I only made it about a week without :)

OOoo that's a good idea for a post (easy!) to post the pics. I could even do a dirty pumpkin for my other site. gufawww.

Aww you should SO make one this year!!!

~ellen~ said...

I suuuuuck at punkins. I do, however, make great pumpkin pies! I plan to make one or two this Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to see the pics!