Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ladies? I am SO thankful for Motrin, Tylenol and the like. Who came up with this stuff that makes my life bearable during my "visitor" time? Can I send them a Christmas card????

Seriously though, sometimes at the beginning of my visitor I get such gosh awful pains that if I don't get on them QUICK I will be reduced to a writhing mass of horridness begging to be put down like a horse. No lie, one time it was so bad I WANTED to go to the hospital and beg them to knock me out but I physically couldn't get out of bed.

Once I didn't have enough regular stuff in the house - only two Motrin and 1 Tylenol and ended up taking 12 aspirin in a couple of hours trying ANYTHING to make it stop. Eventually I passed out but when I woke up the next day I had buzzing in my ears and couldn't hear very well for a day or so. I imagine I came a tad too close to taking too many pills.

These days I've got it DOWN though and I know that as SOON as my visitor arrives if I start taking the recommended dose of Tylenol -BEFORE any pain - that I'll do just fine. Last week I forgot and woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare that an animal was eating me to discover OOPS I forgot the Tylenol, but luckily had my emergency stash, took 4, writhed around for a bit and managed to get back to normal in a half hour.

Without simple pain killers like these I most likely wouldn't be the same person. I'd either go nuts or end up putting myself out of my misery.

SO!! I am super-extra-for-real-like-crazy- THANK FULL for whomever it was that made my life livable.

3 comments:

Krissie said...

I <3 drugs once a month.

Sukhaloka said...

Ack, poor you!
Me lucky. A warm hand or pillow is enough. At best, warm milk.

I heart my herbal cough syrup :).

Rebecca said...

The Star
(1)

Twinkle, twinkle, little star!

How I wonder what you are,

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky.

(2)

When the blazing sun is gone,

When he nothing shines upon,

Then you show your little light,

Twinkle, twinkle all the night.
(3)

The dark blue sky you keep

And often thro' my curtains peep,

For you never shut your eye

Till the sun is in the sky.

(4)

'Tis your bright and tiny spark

Lights the traveler in the dark;

Though I know not what you are
Twinkle, twinkle, little star!

-----by aoc power

leveling